Sunday, 2 February 2020


Dear Families,

As you were all made aware on Friday, this will be my last two weeks at Penygawsi Primary.

My first experience of the school was at the young age of 16 when I completed a college placement in the nursery, a year later I was lucky enough to get a job starting off at breakfast club, then as a teaching assistant throughout the Foundation phase. It was in 2014 after completing my degree that I took on the role of leading the learning in nursery.

I have had the absolute pleasure of teaching so many wonderful pupils. Over the last 11 years I have watched children enter the nursery at the young age of 3 and blossom into independent individuals throughout their time at Penygawsi. I have loved my time at the school, and feel blessed to have worked with such a successful team of teachers and practitioners.

However all good things come to an end, and I am looking forward to taking on my new role as Deputy Manager in a private nursery. I will be leaving with such happy memories and will always remember the wonderful children and their families that I have been lucky enough to work with.

Thank you for sharing your children with me since September, I am not very good at saying goodbyes at the best of time, so I am sure the next two weeks is going to be very emotional! At least Mrs Vowles will be able to keep me up to date with how they are doing and I am sure I will find the time to pop in to say hello!

This week we will be learning all about Chinese New Year and how they celebrate.

St David's Day photos are being taken on 4th Of February for the local newspaper. Children to wear welsh costume/clothing for this day. Thank you for your support.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
See you tomorrow bright and early!

    Mrs Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment