Thursday, 24 October 2019

Reading List

Dear Parents,
As discussed in parents evening, we have begun a whole school reading challenge in Penygawsi. Each year group have been given a reading list of books we would like your child to have read by the end of the year. Here is the reading list for Nursery, I have added some extra as many of you have already read some on the list. Some of these books you may already have at home. They are available in the local libraries too. Once you have read one of these books, please let us know and I will keep a checklist in school. The children who have read 10 of the books by the end of the year will receive a certificate and be entered into a prize draw.


Have a great half term all. I hope the children have a deserved rest and you get to spend some family time together. I have a special birthday in my house as my little one will be turning one!
The children will return back to school on Monday 4th November.
Thank you for your continued support this half term.
Mrs Tucker



Extra books  

Dogger
Author- Shirley Hughes
Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
Author- Mem Fox
Hairy Maclary
Author- Lynley Dodd
The Jolly Postman or other peoples letters
Author- Allan Ahlberg
Not now Bernard
Author- David Mckee
The Elephant and the Bad Baby
Author- Elfrida Vipont

No comments:

Post a Comment