A very big welcome to our
nursery at Penygawsi Primary school! I hope you’ve all had a fantastic summer
and are looking forward to a very exciting journey. I am looking forward to
being your child’s first nursery teacher; it is going to be a great year full
of new friends, new adventures and new discoveries!
As you prepare for your
child’s first day at school, I would like to reinsure you that we will do the
very best for you and your child. The first few days will be very busy in the
morning, however please don’t hesitate to discuss any questions or concerns you
may have. I strongly believe that working closely together will allow us to nurture
your child and provide them with the best start to their education.
Just a few things to
prepare you for a busy and emotional first week!
· The children will start
school on Tuesday 5th September at 8.55AM.
· Please ensure all clothing is clearly labelled with your child's name- you will
be surprised what goes missing!
- · Don’t forget your paper plate face; again please write your child’s name on the back.
· Please fill in and return
all forms handed out in July back to school. You can either give them to me in
the morning or take them straight to the secretary in the office.
- · Please bring in your child’s outdoor wellies (labelled) within the first week of school. These will need to stay in school throughout the year.
· Snack money is £1.00 per week. We
appreciate payment being made at the beginning of each term. This half term
consists of 8 weeks so a payment of £8.00 will be due next week.
I hope this has helped prepare you for the next few
weeks, the school will be open on Monday 4th September for staff
only, however please don’t hesitate to phone the school if you have any
questions before Tuesday.
If you have any questions regarding Penygawsi wrap
around care for the afternoon provision, please contact Mrs Hawkes, as she will
be able to provide you with the information for the afternoon sessions. I will
try my best to answer any questions you may have regarding the provision, however
my knowledge is very limited, as I will have no involvement within this area.
The additional practitioners working with me in the
mornings this year will be Mrs Vowles and Mrs Ross. They are both highly
experienced members of staff and I am really looking forward to working with
them to provide the very best for you and your child!
Dropping your child off during the first few weeks
will be very busy and emotional. We would highly appreciate it if you could drop off your
child and leave promptly. We expect lots of tears, however from experience
we find it allows us to settle the children quickly. If your child is extremely
unsettled, we will always phone you so please don’t panic!
Enjoy your last week of the summer together; they
always grow up so much during their first year in school!
Good luck for next week, I look forward to seeing you
and your child on Tuesday.
Many thanks,
Mrs Tucker.


No comments:
Post a Comment