Sunday, 2 October 2016

Elmer!

I hope you’ve all had a great weekend and managed to enjoy some of the autumn sunshine today. We have finished our fortnight relating to ‘The Little Red Hen’, so this week we will be relating most of our tasks to the story ‘Elmer’.

There are still a few children without wellies in school. If you haven’t done so already, can you please send in a pair to stay in school as we have already started our forest school activities. Please ensure your child has spare clothes in their bag… the forest is already very muddy!!

The tasks for the next fortnight include…
Literacy and Language Development
·      Follow simple instructions to create an invitation for Elmer’s party
Mathematical Development
·      To begin to recognise and copy a 2 sequenced pattern using colours from Elmer’s patches

·      To decorate an Elmer biscuit by copying a 2 sequenced pattern using sweets.

Creative Development
· Colour mixing and painting a large class Elmer

Knowledge and Understanding
·      To recognise the changes in autumn and create an autumn picture
Forest School
·      To collect natural autumn objects to make an autumn crown

Elmer is one of my favourite storybooks so I am really looking forward to the next fortnight!
Can I just remind you all that I open the door at 8.55am, I would be very grateful if you could make sure you are here on time as this allows us to start the morning routine as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continuous support, as always if you have any concerns then please don’t hesitate to speak to me.
See you bright an early,

Miss Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment