Sunday, 8 May 2016

The Lighthouse Keepers Lunch

Evening all, I hope you’ve all had a great weekend.
The children have loved learning all about pirates and are really looking forward to our trip next week.
This week we will moving on from pirates and will start learning all about the seaside. All of the focus tasks for the next fortnight will link to the story ‘The Lighthouse Keepers Lunch’.
Tasks will include:

Literacy and Language Development
·     RWI sound sessions & assessments
·    Follow a simple recipe to bake biscuits for Mr Grinling
·      Make a list of all the foods that they would like in a lunch box
Mathematical Development
·   Become familiar with simple addition by using seashells to add two sets together
 Personal and Social Development
· Understand the importance of keeping healthy   

Creative Development
· Create a light house using a range of resources
Physical Development
 Practice for sports day
Forest School
·      Look after the plants and vegetables in the allotment

Thank you for sending in egg boxes, they made perfect treasure chests!
Now I desperately need kitchen roll tubes so the children can make a lighthouse, I really appreciate your contributions; they allow the children to have great fun whilst getting creative!
Can I just remind you all to put your child’s name on all jumpers? We already have 6 in the basket with no names since half term!
As always thank you for your continuous support, any questions or concerns then please come and see me.
See you tomorrow,

Miss Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment