Sunday, 18 January 2015

Snow bears!



The book for the next fortnight will be ‘Snow Bears’
Our activities will include:

Literacy and Language
·Barrier game- the children will develop their questioning skills by asking the adult questions about a bear that is hiding behind a wall. EG Does he have brown eyes?
Very similar to the game ‘guess who?’
RWI sound sessions

Mathematics
·   Recognise the differences between with ‘big’ numbers and ‘small’ numbers
· Become familiar with coins, recognising that things are bought and sold using them

Knowledge and Understanding
·   Cooking- recreate a snow bear, looking at the changes in icing sugar when water is added

Personal and Social
·     Look at the changes of themselves as a baby, a toddler and now and discuss what they can do now that they couldn’t do as a baby or toddler

Creative
·      Make a 3D ‘snow bear’ using clay

Welsh
·     Become familiar with the Welsh words for winter clothes Eg. Gloves=menig

Writing Workshop
1.     Join the dots to create a snow bear
2.    Number formation
3. Overwrite words- focusing on pencil grip and letter formation


Forest School
•   Make a mud monster on the trunk of a tree using natural materials found in the forest
P.E
·      Jumping and landing

I was really disappointed to miss the Frozen party due to illness, I was informed that the children had a great day and all looked fantastic, I am looking forward to hearing all about it tomorrow!
Just a reminder that the children will need to bring in a photo of themselves as a baby, a toddler and a recent one for one of the tasks this week! Can I also ask for all the 3D Disney characters to be brought in this week. Thank you for the ones that have already been sent in, they look fabulous!
I hope you all had a great weekend, see you tomorrow
Miss Day


No comments:

Post a Comment